Minutes Sept 17, 2018
ADRIAN MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 @ 6:00PM
ADRIAN ANNEX, NORA BLVD., ADRIAN, GA. 31002
- Call Meeting to Order- Mayor, Kim Adams: Meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance: CM Yawn led a prayer. All in attendance stood for the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Adoption of Agenda: CM Smith made a motion to amend the agenda and add an additional speaker, Cherie Smith, on behalf of Deer Wood Apartments, seconded by CM Hutchinson, carried by CM Yawn, CM Sumner, and CM ZSumner. CM Yawn made a motion to have an Executive session on Employees and Property, seconded by CM Smith, carried by CM Hutchinson, CM ZSumner and CM Sumner. Motion passed. Agenda amended and adopted.
- Update on sale of the Old Health Department Building: Clerk Jean states land surveying is now finished. The lawyer has written up the ad for the Forest Blade and will run 15 days. The City will open up bids for the Old Health Department building at the Council meeting on October 8, 2018.
- Discuss hiring for the Maintenance Department: CM Yawn states this matter would be discussed in Executive Session.
- Public Speakers:
- Charles Rowland- Water/Meter Covers: Rowland has a complaint that when inmate worker read meters, he did not put lid back on properly. Mr. Rowland ran over lid on his lawnmower. It did substantial damage to the lawnmower. He requested Mr. Johnny check behind the inmate worker more often.
- Rosa Newsome- Trash trucks: Newsome stated the trash trucks leak an awful smelling liquid. CM Sumner stated he will call Evans Disposal and speak with them on this matter
- Cherie Smith- Smith spoke on behalf of Deer Wood residents, because of a rash of break-ins that occurred at the apartment complex on Saturday, September 15, 2018. She was concerned about the law enforcements times of notification and arrival. She also expressed her concern regarding the times we had an officer on duty. Mayor advised Ms. Smith the council would look further in to the matter, discuss the facts and get back with her.
- Adoption of Minutes: CM Hutchinson made a motion to adopt the minutes from the August 13, 2018 meeting, seconded by CM Yawn, carried by CM Smith, CM ZSumner, and CM Sumner. Motion passed. Minutes adopted.
- Reconciliations: All bank statements for July 2018: CM Hutchinson made a motion to accept reconciliation, seconded by CM Smith, carried by CM Yawn, CM ZSumner, and CM Sumner. Motion passed. July 2018 bank reconciliations accepted.
- Unfinished Business:
- Water Ordinance- Mayor read revised water ordinance. This will be the 1st
- New Business:
- List of Bills paid in August- CM Hutchinson made a motion to accept the list, seconded by CM ZSumner, carried by CM Yawn, CM Smith, and CM Sumner. Motion carries to accept the list of paid in August.
- Department Head Reports: Fire Department- Chief Yawn- No report. Street and Water Department- Jesse Yawn- No report. Police Department- Chief Chavis- 20 citations were issued and took 7 reports for the month. Chief Chavis stated he and Officer Cox attended the “Dedication for heroes of 9/11”. Chief Chavis gave Clerk Jean a check for the reimbursement on the Police Chief Conference he attended in Savannah, Georgia. Safety Department- Chief Chavis- No report. Recreation Department- Mayor- No report.
- Council Members: CM Smith- None; CM Yawn– None; CM ZSumner– None; CM Hutchinson– None; CM Sumner– None
- Mayor: Nothing to report
- Recess Regular Meeting: CM Sumner made a motion to recess, seconded by CM Hutchinson, carried by CM Yawn, CM ZSumner, and CM Smith. Motion carried Regular Meeting recessed at 6:40 pm.
- Executive Session: CM Yawn made a motion to go in to Executive Session, seconded by CM Smith, carried by CM Sumner, CM Hutchinson, and CM ZSumner. Motion carried. Council goes in to Executive Session at 6:50 pm. CM Yawn made a motion to go out of Executive Session, seconded by CM ZSumner, carried by CM Smith, CM Hutchinson, and CM Sumner. Motion carried. Council went out of Executive Session at 8:38 pm.
CM Yawn made a motion to go back in to Regular Session, seconded by CM ZSumner, carried by CM Smith, CM Hutchinson, and CM Sumner. Motion carried. At 8:39 pm council went back in the Regular Session. Mayor addresses Ms. Cherie Smith and advised her that if anything else occurred that a Police Officer was needed for her to immediately contact 911. Mayor tells Clerk Jean to schedule interviews to take place on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Adjournment: CM Yawn made a motion to adjourn, seconded by CM Hutchinson, carried by CM Smith, CM Sumner, and CM Sumner. Motion carried. Council Meeting adjourned.